Saturday, February 12, 2011

You Can't Make This Stuff Up....

I've been working in the restaurant business for almost a decade. I've been a host, expediter, busser, server, trainer, bartender, bookkeeper, front-of-house manager, and kitchen manager. I've done it all...and seen it all. For years I've been coming home with stories that amaze, shock, and humor my family and friends.  These stories usually start out with, "You wouldn't believe what happened today!", and I believe some of the time, they don't.  But as the title says...you can't make this stuff up.  Recently, I've been dreaming of writing a book about my adventures, though I've come to realize that I am not the most talented writer.  So, it's a blog that I write....for now.  Most of these stories are my own, and some I'll share from the lives of my friends and colleagues...and all are the honest to goodness truth.  So bear with me as I take you into the exciting life of a restaurant worker.  Hopefully you'll discover that dining out can be a bigger adventure than you previously imagined. 

Thanks for reading.  And remember...tip your waiter!

No comments:

Post a Comment